Monday, January 10, 2022

On Contentment

 This blog post comes from my morning Lectio Divina. This particular one comes from the Homily from The Prologue from Ochrid for today the 10th of January.

The Apostles were content with their lives. When they had food and clothing, they were content. When they were destitute, they were content. They found peace and love in God and found a greater contentment than other man.

In this contentment they also found victory; a victory over Satan who tries to fill our lives with vanity. Satan tries to lie to us and make us think that the material things in life will bring us comfort and contentment. And yet the Apostles, various saints and martyrs, and the monastics have shown us a greater contentment than can be found by earthly treasures - a contentment found in Jesus Christ.

That's it. Just two short paragraphs of my ponderings this morning. I may or may not continue to publish some of my musings of my daily Lectio Divina - after all, these aren't necessarily meant to be read by the public, but I have no qualms in sharing my private thoughts from time to time.

No comments: