Tuesday, July 25, 2023

General Update, and new laptop

 

Alrighty, I just wanted to give you, my precious and dear readers a quick update on my new Tennessee life.

There is not a whole lot to update this time around, but I do have a new to me laptop! I got lucky in finding a refurbished laptop on Amazon on sale during Prime Days. It has a smaller screen, the same amount of hard drive space (though it has an SSD as opposed to an HDD), and it has more RAM. It took me a while to have the time to get Linux setup on this new machine, but I've done it, and hopefully I'll be able to post more updates as well as long as my good luck lasts.

I've been able to get to church at my old home church from when I moved to Tennessee after becoming Orthodox 13 years ago - which is Saint Ignatius, and I even have a nifty name tag now. The parish is rather sizable, and name tags help with all of the people that are there.

Saint Ignatius has always been a great parish. They were a part of the Evangelical Orthodox Church of which many parishes converted to Eastern Orthodoxy via the Antiochian Archdiocese back in the 80s. I think one of the reasons that I have always felt connected to this particular parish is because the writings of St. Ignatius are a big reason why I converted.

It has been great seeing some old familiar faces, even if many of those faces don't recognize me.

Hopefully, I'll be posting some more content soon, including some Lectio Divina again, now that I don't have to worry about a laptop that crashes as soon as I even think of looking at it. I've still got a little bit of work to do to get my laptop up and running, moving things over from my old laptop, and a few other things. We'll see what happens.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me, the sinner.

No comments: