Monday, May 23, 2022

Another Quick Update

 After not posting for the majority of Lent and this past month, I wanted to give a quick update on things.

I believe that I mentioned that I had upgraded my OS on my laptop. I was already having some issues with Firefox and Chrome crashing with even just one tab open, and I was hoping that the switch from one package type to another would resolve that issue. 

It did not.

It doesn't seem that the issue is any worse, but it certainly isn't any better.

Other than the browsers crashing, my laptop does seem to be running faster, but when I am trying to do research for blog posts, and I have multiple tabs open so I can include those links with my posts, it makes for a very tedious time trying to get anything accomplished.

So I made a decision to just wait until I could get a desktop as I had been promised one to do my blog and other work. The problem then was waiting to get the desktop.

I have finally received the desktop as a donation, meaning that at some point I will have to give the desktop back to its owner. But for now, I have a computer to do my work with that does not have a constantly crashing browser.

I've been using Linux as my main operating system since 2009, and particularly Ubuntu. However, with that distro seemingly becoming more and more unstable, I may eventually find another distro to use - especially if by the time that I have to give this computer back I don't have another one to use.

In other news, there have been some wildfires throughout the state, and even close to where I reside. My sister had to evacuate her home, but she is now back. The smoke from the fires has wafted over to my area a few times. Unfortunately, I do not handle the smoke very well at all, and I have been rocked with migraines and just a general feeling of lethargy. The same thing happened to me when we had wildfires my last summer/fall in Alaska.

It isn't fun, and my head is almost always stuffy no matter if I take allergy medicine or other type of medicine.

The good news is that there have been some goings on during my time away from my blog, so at least I'll have some things to write about.

Anyway, that is all that I have for now. I hope y'all are fairing better than I currently am.

Please pray for me, a sinner.

No comments: