Monday, April 11, 2022

Update Update Update

For the past little while I was feeling rather unwell. It was hard to wake up in the mornings, and then I was taking constant naps throughout the day. I know something was going on because even taking multiple two hour naps (or longer) I was still sleeping through the night just fine.

As far as I know, I wasn't actually sick with anything. I think I was just suffering from some allergies - when I started to take allergy medicine I started to feel better. 

I've felt better for a few days now, however, there is a new beta for Ubuntu out (official release later this month) that I wanted to play around with before the official release to see if my computer could handle the changes. I've been having many issues with my laptop running slower, even when just running one tab in Firefox, and I wanted to see what difficulties I would face with and updated operating system - or if any issues would be fixed.

The downside to feeling unwell is that a few articles that I was working on were left in limbo. This was also a downside from having a slow machine, as multiple tabs open bogged down my laptop. So, I still have some articles left to finish, and I have an operating system to test. Please bear with me as I get things resettled.

For right now, it seems that things are slower to open, but once open they don't seem to run as resource heavy as they did in the past. Even as I'm typing this post out I'm trying to run a few different programs that were previously resource heavy just to see how things respond. Things seem to be working very well, for the most part. I'm sure I'll run into some issues along the way.

Anyway, that's all I have for now.


No comments: