Thursday, April 25, 2024

Mid(ish) Lenten Update and a Nice Rant

I've titled this the way that I did because when this goes public It Will probably actually be mid-Lent. But, for my Patrons, they get early access. Hooray!

I like to put out updates during this time since 1) I typically do a social media fast, and 2) my readers/followers can be apprised of what Is going on. I don't want my Patrons (especially the paying ones) to go too long without getting any content from me.

So far, my Lent has been filled with blessings. I did end up sick with the flu or similar for about a week, and then after that I ended up in the hospital for 2 nights with a GI inflammation. I'm actually sitting in an examination room waiting on the doctor for a follow-up appointment from my hospital stay while writing this particular sentence. I still consider this to be a blessing, because I'm sure this was a gift from God.

Naturally, as a human, I am prone to error, and I have definitely done so.

One failing is that I haven't made it to a Vespers service this Lent. I also said I'd totally join the choir, but have yet to attend a practice - which takes place before Vespers. I need to hold myself a lot more accountable than I have been.

 Read More

No comments: