Monday, February 20, 2023

Two Months and Counting!

 

It has now been almost two and a half months since I gained employment!

 
I don't have the most glorious of jobs, but I am at least employed! The unfortunate side effect of having a job is trying to figure out where to place my prayer life: I wake up fairly early, and more often than not I walk to work. My mornings are pretty busy with getting ready for my day, and again, I'm already waking up early.
And then, when I get home (I usually have a ride, but there are days when I walk home as well) I'm pretty exhausted. 
Excuses, I know. That is all these really are, just excuses.
I also haven't been to the Vespers my brother and I are supposed to do in a while - aside from last week when I wasn't in pain - nor had a migraine. But I did go last week, and I am really glad that I did.

 
I would like to point out, for any wondering, that I do not take pictures of myself - either behind the iconostasis when I do altar service, nor when I do Vespers - while services are going on. I only take those pictures of me after services are done. I do however take other pictures during services if I'm not involved in the service and I try to stay out of the way. I also take a lot of pictures of myself to send to my girls, so they can see what their father is getting up to.
But anyway...
So, I've been working for a little over two months, I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch here, but I am really glad to have a job of any kind - especially one that I can actually do without killing myself mentally and physically.
The people I work with are pretty easy to get along with. They seem like good people - they have fun, but they do take their jobs seriously. My employer does also seem to like to have employee appreciation days - my first day on the job we were all taken out for lunch for "Christmas", and then later we had a Christmas party. My boss also made everyone whatever kind of pie that they wanted for Christmas. This month, we're going to have a St. Valentine's Day party for the residents and the guests, and then I think we have a Mardi Gras party for the employees later as well. So, it seems that we are at least slightly appreciated.
 
I do have an office, but I have a nice kneeling chair, a standing desk, and a wobble board - all to help prevent too much back pain, and to keep me moving around. When I first started working, I had an office mate, but then I moved to a temporary office while what will become my office is being renovated/built.
I really do enjoy my job, but I need to figure out how to add in my prayer life - again - and start doing more exercises than just walking - again. I'm going to try to wake up even earlier to fit both in, or perhaps just do exercises in the evening and do both my morning and evening prayers at home. 
These past two months have been pretty good, but I need to start balancing my work life with my personal life. Just because I'm making money and out of the house for most of the day does not mean that I get to neglect other things at all. I did want to take a bit of time to get into the swing of things before trying to figure out my schedule, but I have been neglectful of my personal life. 
I hope that I stay in this job for a long time, I am happy, and I am content. 
Please pray for me, a sinner.

No comments: