Sunday, May 20, 2012

Time Keeps Slipping Into the Future

My life is currently at a conundrum...
Or maybe a paradox. I'm not sure.

Our work schedule has slowed down a lot since the new unit has come in. They haven't take over completely just yet, but they have told us that they don't need us out there working with them - which is understandable since we would just add too many people to one work site. So because our time is not as work filled as before the weeks seem to drag by at an excruciatingly slow pace. But then, when Sunday hits and we are looking at starting a new week it feels as though the previous week went by far too quickly.

Perhaps this is just apprehension on my part. I want to get out of this country, but at the same time I feel like the close of this deployment is coming faster that I anticipated - despite us having to stay here longer than we all expected. Also, I know that I will have a lot of stress coming my way when I return home; I have no job waiting on me and I must begin the arduous task of job hunting almost immediately after my return. I have no real prospects for a job, just a few ideas here and there that may or may not fall through.

On top of all that, my wife and I will probably start house hunting after I get a decent job that pays well enough to keep us stable. We don't need much, three bedrooms, two bathrooms at least, and I would say not more than two acres of land. Hopefully we can find something that is close to an Orthodox parish (I know of a mission not too far from the area my wife and I were browsing last night). We will also need a store where we can get my daughters organic food from, and yes, she does need organic.

Yep, I have a lot on my plate for when I return. Please keep me in your prayers during these next few months, and probably even year. Also, what would you, my readers like to see me write about? I'll try to write about what I can if you suggest it. Drop me a line in my comments or email me through the contact page.

3 comments:

MPwifie06 said...

There is a job out there waiting for your charisma. I know it. I can't wait for you to be home and for us to begin the next chapter of our lives. I love you.

I would love to see you do a dad/daughter blog series. Like once a week/month/whatever. Where you write about being an orthodox solider and dad. :) I <3 you...again....even more.

David Commini, OblSB, PhD, KGM said...

That's a good idea. I'll get started on that when next I have some down time.

I love you, baby

mamaruth said...

I, too, believe there is a job suited just for YOU. I also like Rose's idea for a daddy/daughter blog - almost like a journal to Ryvre.
Will be glad to see you back stateside!