Sunday, May 27, 2012

Update from Sunny Kuwait!

Another week closer to going home!

So far I am still doing well, no major complaints on my end. I think we have too much free time on our hands, but I am trying to counteract that by doing military courses online (when the system wants to work). It is slow going, but hey it helps my career in the long run.

Yesterday (that being Saturday) we had a pretty good time. It was one of our NCO's birthday so naturally we had a cook out. Ribs, wings, burgers, hot dogs, bake beans, corn, and green beans. Yeah it was good.

We also had a little ceremony where we each got t-shirts that have our names on them and also our platoon logo and what not. We also received an engraved glass thing as appreciation of our hard work and dedication.

My LT and me


The Platoon

My team













Over all we had a pretty fun time.

After the pictures we told some jokes and stories about this deployment. I think that helped to bring our comradeship even closer, which can be important this close to going home when tensions can flare as everybody is ready to beat feet and get back to their loved ones.

Also, yesterday was my mother's birthday (unless I'm just that bad of a son and forgot her birthday... which is likely). So, Happy Birthday - whenever this month it may be!


1 comment:

mamaruth said...

Yes, David, Saturday was my birthday. Thanks for remembering. Sounds like you had a good time. Looking forward to you being home!
Love you!