Sunday, August 19, 2012

Life of an Orthodox Cable Guy

I apologize for the lack of updates lately, but I have been quite busy actually working.
About a month ago I started working for a company that is contracted out to install cable television, highspeed internet, and VoIP. Usually I reach 40 hours within three days of work. The job is not all that difficult, but due to certain situations it can be quite time consuming.

Due to my work schedule I have to get up before the sun and most times get home after the sun and my daughter go down. After my training period ends I'll only have every other Sunday off and the weeks that I do have to work on Sundays I'll have another day during the week off. I don't get much free time, but at least I'm making money.

I'll try to update this blog as well as I can but my more theological postings will probably only be once in a blue moon. Also, I'll likely re-blog others' stuff that I find interesting (with their permission of course).

Anyway, I had my in-laws visit our parish today. They didn't really have much to say about the Liturgy other than that it was different and that they enjoyed it (my father-in-law can't really hear all that well so most of the service was lost on him.) I'm not expecting them to convert, I didn't even ask them to attend (not that I was trying to exclude them) - they decided that they wanted to see the Church that had impressed on our daughter so much the importance of prayer that she stopped everybody at her birthday party to pray before they ate the cake. I'm glad that they decided to come and I really enjoyed them being there, I hope they can come back again in the future.

After church I took them and my daughter out to eat while my wife went to a women's social function. The food was good, and my wife was appreciative of the time she had to herself after she spends so much of her time at home taking care of our daughter.

Overall it was a very good day, for my wife and I and our daughter who has shown great improvements in her behavior since I left and since I've been home. I hope everybody out there has a great day.

No comments: