Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pashca!

Today is Pascha! Pascha is Greek for Passover, derived from the Hebrew word Pesach meaning Passover.

Also known as Easter. Today is the day that Orthodox Christians celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus. Christ is Risen! Truly He is Risen! Χριστός Ανέστη! Αληθώς Ανέστη! 

Because the Orthodox Church dates the Resurrection differently from the Western churches Pascha/Easter can some times fall on a different date. Some years the dates are the same, and others the dates are later.

Of course, this day is a feast day and one filled with joy and celebration! Also, this day marks the end Great Lent, so the fast is over! 

I pray that all of my Orthodox friends and family have a great Pascha celebration, and for those of my friends and family that are not Orthodox, have a happy and blessed Sunday!


1 comment:

MPwifie06 said...

I miss you. I wish you were here for my 1st Pascha. :(