Saturday, January 21, 2012

Back in the Wait

So, I am back in Kuwait now, and I really wish that I could be back home in my wife's arms. There is so much that I wish I could be doing back home right now, instead of being over here and accomplishing only God knows what for only God knows who. That said, I really don't mind beigng over here in The Wait.



Today was my first day back on the job, actually doing my job and I had a pretty fun day. My wife and daughter are back home and they are embracing their new faith exponetially well; my wife makes sure that they are doing their prayers every day, and I believe that she has found a type of peace in her prayers.

My leave was, for lack of a better phrase, totally awesome! What did I do? Not much aside from chilling around the house and helping my wife out however I could, but I wanted to help her. I just enjoyed being around my wife and daughter so much, especially when the finger paints were brought out... Hehe, I'm sure my wife posted some pics on Facebook.

Home was just home, you know? It's hard to explain the feeling of just being away for so long and then coming home, for those who have experienced that feeling you know what I mean. Honestly, I can not wait to get back home to my wife and daughter and see what other surprises my daughter might have for me (she has grown so much and she understands things on at least a teen level).

Another plus was that my wife saved some money up and bought me a tablet, I'm not going to go into the specifics, but it's not too bad. I have some sweet apps, like an Orthodox prayer app, the GOARCH daily readings app, and a nifty Bible app that has the Septuagint in Greek... too bad I can't read Greek. Now if only I could get an Ancient Faith Radio app I would be set :-)

My daughter had fun playing some of the games I got for her. Of course, daddy is not so selfish as to not let his little one play on his tablet. I actualy spent the better part of a day trying to find games and stuff for her to play. And then a wild mommy appeared and stole the tablet for her own evil (read fun) devices.

Any way, I just wanted to update everybody and let them know how awesomely I am doing. I had better soak it up right now as tomorrow is a new day and the Army has a way of sucking the life out of fun, and vice versa. I pray that everyone has a great day... oh and look for a new link to my wife's blog... maybe... if I feel like adding it today.
posted from Bloggeroid

2 comments:

MPwifie06 said...

I enjoyed every moment that you were home. It brings so much joy to my heart to know that you felt at home. For AFR try: http://ancientfaith.com/mobile According to their site you should be able to use the iPhone app OR this.

Donna said...

Hope you are home soon! :)