Thursday, August 25, 2011

Boots On Ground

Ok, so I have landed in Kuwait. We landed here at 12:00 AM on the 25th after leaving the night of the 23rd.
The flight was long, and I tried to sleep as much as possible. They showed a few movies, the majority of which I slept through. We landed in Chicago and Germany for our layovers which was pretty nice, but I've been to both those places before so nothing new for me there.

Even though we landed at the airport at 2400 hrs we did not get to our tent and offload all of our gear until about 6 or 7. I promptly passed out and slept for the majority of the day.

Obviously I have internet, I have to pay for hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly. It's not too bad, and the speeds are decent. I'm not sure what big army has in store for us this week, but I'm sure I will find out soon.

Any way, that is the latest on me. I am doing pretty well and I hope that all of you are doing great.

5 comments:

MPwifie06 said...

ILU send me a message with what $$s you need and when on this whole internet thing. Also, know that Ryvre and I love you with all our hearts and souls. We miss you so much. She was so glad to hear that your big plane made it there and that you were ok...although a bit skeptical about how that plane made it so you might want to call lol. mmmwah

mamaruth said...

Glad to hear you made it to your destination safely. I know you will do whatever the job requires, but not without missing your family. You are definitely in my prayers!
Love you, son -

HevvyRevvy said...

So, what kinda transport was it? Mil or Commercial? Take plenty of pictures and remain alert. We're all proud of you over here and keep you in our prayers daily.

Love,

Dad

David Commini, OblSB, PhD, KGM said...

It was a commercial flight. I'll try to take a lot of pictures, but I do not have my digital camera with me, and even if I did it is broken. I'll be getting with everybody as soon as I have an address to send care packages to.

LeaAnn said...

Love you and praying for you, little brother.