Saturday, July 30, 2011

Update from New Mexico

I apologize for the lack of an update, but this has been the first real down day that I have had and also had internet to use.
I am currently in New Mexico for my Mobilization training. It is hot, but not as hot as overseas will be. The training here is good, the food is not, but I guess that is how it goes.

I don't have a phone signal to call home from and I can only get internet from the MWR building. I could pay to have internet in the barracks, but the price for the speed is not worth it.

I miss my wife and daughter terribly and I know that they both miss me. I try to call home when I have a decent enough signal, but I know that I am going to have to deal with worse when I am across the pond building sand castles.

Overall, this deployment is going pretty good. I hope to have some more down time soon and be able to have a post with more substance. I'll update again when I get the chance.

1 comment:

MPwifie06 said...

I miss you baby.