Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Almost Time


In more or less than a week I will be flying out to my MOB station for my final training before my deployment. To all of my family that I will not be getting to see, goodbye, and I hope to be seeing you sometime after my return. I will miss all of my friends and family that I must leave behind as my duty doth demand of me.

 

I will try to update this blog as much as possible while at my MOB site, I should have internet access there. Obviously I will not be able to update particulars about my training, where I might be going, or what my mission will be, but I will try to update everybody with as much information as possible. I implore all of you, friends and family alike, to please keep in touch with me whilst I am over seas as nothing is more detrimental to the moral of a soldier than not hearing from the one he loves. I will post some more avenues of contact before I actually get over seas.

This past week has been good. I have spent a lot of time with my wonderful wife and daughter, I know they will both miss me dearly; my daughter is already having separation anxiety when I leave the room for any reason. Sunday I told everybody that I was leaving and it was my last day at church until I return; my priest blessed me and everybody told me that they would be looking out for my wife and daughter during my absence. I also talked shortly with my priest and, God willing, my wife and daughter will be received into the Orthodox Church when I come home on leave.

I have some apprehensions about this deployment as this unit is very new to me. I really don't understand what it is that we are supposed to do, and switching from combat support to just support is very different as the focus on combat has decreased. I know this is all just pre-deployment jitters that will surely be washed away as my time and cohesion with this unit increases. I pray that I will be kept safe and that God will have His angels to keep a watch over me.

Thank you in advance for all of your prayers, not just for myself, but for my family also. I know this deployment is going to be particularly hard for my wife with the multiple medical conditions of my daughter, and for me as well as I wait for updates from home. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all, I will update next from my MOB site excepting some emergency.

No comments: