Sunday, March 25, 2012

Lent While Deployed Wk 4

I don't really have much to say this week, except for apologizing for the late update...


This past week has been pretty good, with a few bumps in the road but those were taken care of by the good old Tennessee wrecking crew (I wish I had pictures, but we were in a "secure" location).

I have learned a lot this week, especially about Lent. The top thing is to be more self sacrificing and stop being self centered. It's very easy to focus on yourself during this time as you have to give up so many things, but it is important to realize that yes this time is to be spent enriching your spiritual life, but not to focus soley on your needs. In other words, don't throw a pity party everyday just because you have to eliminate a few things. Do as Jesus commanded us and when somebody asks for your shirt give them your coat too.

That's all I have for this week, you guys have a blessed week!
posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: