Saturday, November 12, 2011

Occupation of Iraq coming to a Close

Some of you probably know that the Occupation of Iraq is coming to a close very soon. The soldiers still in Iraq are supposed to be home by the holidays, according to the President.
What some of you may not know is that I will not be among that group of soldiers home for the holidays. I will actually just miss Christmas and New Years (unless I go by the Old Calendar - which I don't) when I go home on leave.

When I leave this country of Iraq I will be heading to Kuwait until further notice and possibly to Afghanistan after that, I don't know yet, they haven't told us. I do know that our mission here in Iraq is coming to a close and we are more than ready to head down to Kuwait - what awaits us there I have no clue.

To all of the soldiers who do get to be home for the holidays: Job well done, go home, see your families and enjoy the time you have with them. You deserve it after working hard on whatever your mission was, and I know that your families miss you as well.

Any way, that's all I have today, it has been a long day and I am tired. My next post might possibly be from Kuwait, or Iraq, or wherever I happen to be at that time. I hope those of you just waking up back in the States have a great and blessed day.

No comments: